The Blackberry boys 🙂 Taken at the Sunday Brunch.
The Blackberry boys 🙂 Taken at the Sunday Brunch.
After a week of bad weather and lots of rain it is finally summer again. The sun is shining! So this morning I decided to take the boys to brunch. We went to a cafe that is in a butik hotel (Tiszavirag hotel). The hotel also has a restaurant that has been choosen to be one of the top 100 restaurants in HUNGARY.
The entrance to the hotel.
BB#1 and my coffee and croissant.
BB#1 had belgian waffles with whipped cream and strawberries. Yummy.
Meanwhile BB#2 had to be in his stroller, otherwise I couldn’t eat. So we did have to eat fast 🙂 But we ended up having a nice brunch. 🙂
BB#1 at the adventure park 🙂
BB#2 after his 2nd accident. At least he is still a happy camper with a black eye and a bruised forehead.
1.BB#1 is finally healthy again and back in pre-school 🙂
2. BB#2 had 2 accidents in 1 week! Now he has a black eye and a bruised forehead 😦 I would love to put a helmet on him all day long 🙂 He is all over the place 🙂
3. I think BB#2 already entered the terrible twos, even though he is only 18 months old. He is screaming his head off if he doesn’t get his way!
4. On saturday I took BB#1 to a party that was held at an adventure park. It was BB#1’s first time climbing the ropes between the trees. He is still not tall enough for some of the paths, so he gave up half way 😦 But he enjoyed it 🙂
5. I took BB#2 to his pediatrician today to get an electrocardiogram. He always freaks out at the cardiologist office, so I was hoping he would take it better from someone he knows better. It was not easy because he still sometimes screamed and ripped the electrodes off, and the machine did not want to work, but after singing to him he calmed down bit and the machine finally worked so we were successful 🙂 We will take these results with us to the cardiologist, and I am hoping he will only need an ultrasound there.
6. I enrolled BB#1 for swimming classes. He will start next week, in july.
7. I also found him a speech therapist, because he has trouble with the “R” sound. We will start seeing the therapist next tuesday.
8. I baked raspberry-blueberry muffins today. They are yummy.
9. There was a really huge storm last night. i woke up to thunder at 3 am. Ice balls were falling and huge amount of rain. Again our roof couldn’t take it so we had leaking 😦 I was running around at 3 am putting pans under the leakings (is that even a word?)
10. Next week we leave for our vacation to lake Balaton, I hope the weather will be better than this week.
Every may our city turns into a beehive 🙂
This year was the 20th wine festival. It is a 10 day celebration held in the biggest square downtown.
This year they had 120 winemakers and 250 programs.
This is my favorite time of the year. So much to see and do 🙂
This is what it looks like:) the beehive 🙂
This year I had ice wine from the Vineum Winery, they have their grapes in Tállya.
Ice wine is a type of dessert wine produced from grapes that have been frozen while still on the vine. The sugars and other dissolved solids do not freeze, but the water does, allowing a more concentrated grape must to be pressed from the frozen grapes, resulting in a smaller amount of more concentrated, very sweet wine. With ice wines, the freezing happens before the fermentation, not afterwards. Unlike the grapes from which other dessert wines are made, ice wine grapes should not be affected by noble rot.
Even though it is normal for residual sugar content in ice wine to run from 180 g/L up to as high as 320 g/L (with a mean in the 220 g/L range), ice wine is very refreshing due to high acidity. Ice wine usually has a medium to full body, with a long lingering finish. The nose is usually reminiscent of peach, pear, dried apricot, honey, citrus, figs, caramel, green apple, etc., depending on the varietal.
My second wine was from this guy, our friend P 🙂 His son goes to preschool with BB#1.
I had another white wine: Tokaji Sargamuskotaly, late harvest. Also sweet 🙂
The square is full of statues, the kids like to climb on them 🙂 BB#1 in blue shirt in the middle.
BB#1 drinking water. He was very dissapointed that he was not getting wine 🙂
BB#2 learning to use the slide 🙂
BB#1 at a party (far left). They played a game that they had to close their eyes and everyone got an animal hat on their heads and so they couldn’t see what is on their heads. They got some facts about their animal and had to guess what animal is on their heads 🙂
BB#1 was a polar bear. Sitting next to him was a mouse and a snail 🙂
1. I am one day late with this post, but I have been having pretty crappy days 😦
2. BB#1 has been ill. He developed a fever saturday morning and has been having a fever for 5 days now 😦 Satzrday night he had a fever of a 39.6 Celsius which I couldn’t bring down for like 6 hours. It was really stressful, I tried everything but nothing was working 😦 Today he is maybe a little better so I am hoping the fever will finally be gone. The pediatrician said he has a virus.
3. Sunday BB#2 fell and hit his face on a chair 😦 He developed something blue under his eye, so I paniced and took him to emergency care where they said he is ok, he only has a hematoma under his eye, that will spread and all turn purple / blue. So now he looks like he lost his boxing match 😦
he is sleeping in this photo.
4. So it has been hard to take care of both of them, while trying to keep them in seperate rooms, so BB#2 would not catch the virus.
5. It has also been frustrating not beeing able to go anywhere (except doctors offices) because of the fever.
6. I found a pretty good deal to a hotel in MALTA, and started getting all excited about the whole thing, but then for various reasons it was decided that we will not go abroad this year (again 😦 Husband has already said he will spend the vacation money on repairs for the car 😦 So I am disappointed 😦 We will however go to the “Hungarian sea” Lake Balaton for a few days at the beginning of July.
7. Even though my cysts from my ovaries are gone my cycle is still crazy 😦 So this is also driving me crazy.
8. This post is turning out to be pretty depressing 😦
9. We did finally leave the house today and went for a walk, it was good to get out, even if we only went to the pharmacy and to the playground.
10. I hope everyone will be healthy by the weekend and thing will be better.
International Workers’ Day, is a celebration of the working class that is promoted by the international labor movement, Socialists, and Communists and occurs every year on May Day, May 1, an ancient European spring holiday.
Hungary celebrates May 1 as a national holiday, with open-air festivities and fairs all over the country. Many towns raise May poles and festivals with various themes are organized around the holiday. As with other holidays, whenever May 1 falls on a Thursday or Tuesday, the holiday officially becomes a long weekend when families take off to travel and hotels are booked full. Left-wing parties continue to hold public rallies commemorating labor day.
In our city May day is always held in the city’s largest park, on the other side of the river.
Taking a ride on the train ( BB#1 in green):
BB#1’s Favorite ride, the bumper cars!
And No festival is complete without cotton candy (bubble gum flavoured):
BB#2 (on the right) on a play date at the bakery, just the right size to see the cakes 🙂 The boys had ice cream cones without the ice cream.
BB#1 concentrating while trying out his air rifle shooting skills. They had to shoot a cardboard box 🙂
First of all I would like to thank Sarah from http://journey2dfuture.wordpress.com/ for her suggestion on solving my problem about not being able to insert photos to my posts. Her suggestion worked, I can insert photos now, it is just more complicated this way but oh well.
My 2 easy riders 🙂
A mother's musings on family, faith, and fun!
Parenting isn't for the faint of heart.
from the big smoke to the big apple, with a baby. chasing bliss in a chaotic world
Artisan knitter rambling about her London life in general
This is your story.
What happens when a medical doctor becomes a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom
A great WordPress.com site
The best we can do, is learn as we go.
happiness, insanity, love, learning
Diary of a Preemie Dad
To my B & E. A story of our adventures. And now I am doing this as a single mum, probably how I get it wrong, but keep picking us up, dusting us off, and having another go.
Twins,life and their Mummy
The post NICU struggles of a former micro preemie documented lovingly by one of her biggest fans.... her mom.
The Trials and Triumphs of Travel With a Toddler
Appreciating life's precious moments through the magical madness of motherhood.
Vignettes from a multi-lingual, multi-cake-eating freelance existence
A peek into my messy life with 3 boys
Who needs a life when you've got kids?