My 2 favorites from my friend P:
My 2 favorites from my friend P:
Blackberry #2 turned 21 months on Monday 🙂
So I am way behind on updates. The last one was at 13 months old 😦
Height/Weight: 10.260 Kilo (22lb 9.9109oz)
and 83.5 cm (32.874 inches)
Teeth: 6 teeth! 2 lower central incisors and 2 upper lateral incisors and 2 upper central incisors. He hasn’t had a new tooth for months new, but there is alot of drooling. I cannot wait for him to get more teeth so he can eat easier and more things.
Sleeping: Blackberry #2 is sleeping through the night in his crib. We don’t use the monitor anymore. He wakes up between 6:30 – 7:30 am.In terms of naps, he sometimes takes 2 naps, but that is usually not so good because than he doesn’t fall asleep so easy at night so I usually let him take 1 nap.
Eating: He still drinks formula 2-3x a day. He eats vegetable purees with meat (mostly chicken) for lunch, then he has a fruit puree and joghurt once a day, and he also has Sinlac (Baby Porridge) once a day. He eats baby biscuits and ladyfingers. He now also eats french fries, crepes and muffins and pasta.
Sizes: Blackberry #2 is wearing 12-18, 18-24 months clothing (depends on the clothes) and size 4 nappies.
Things that happend to Blackberry #2 and things Blackberry #2 you likes to do:
Some more black and whites from my friend P 🙂
1. The TV died again 3 days after they brought it back from “repairing” it 😦 So It has been in repair again for like 10 days 😦
2. Last Monday BB#2 had a NICU follow up appointment. They were satisfied with him, finally. I was not so satisfied with them. They always measure him smaller (in height and weight) there, then I do at home….
3. Last tuesday we went on a vacation again to Lake Balaton. This time we went to the southern shore. This is the reason there was no TTT last week. No internet there 😦
4. There was one rainy day when we went to keszthely to visit a beautuful palace, the Festetics palace.
It also means 2 things: fireworks and the debute of the cake of the country (each year they choose a new one).
Cannot wait to taste the new cake of the year 🙂
6. Cannot believe school is starting in a week and a half for BB#1. I already did alot of shopping but I am still not done. I also need to buy him some new clothes and shoes.
7. This month BB#1 is doing 2 speech therapies per week, to speed things up before school, he is also going to swimming lessons 4-5x a week.
8. Today is the blog’s blogiversary! HURRAY! 1 year old! HAPPY BIRTHDAY THE BLACKBERRY BOYS 🙂
9. This was the 108th post, meaning I wrote a post every 3.3 days 🙂
10. The most popular post was
from april 2014.
Here are some more pictures from our trip to Lake Balaton in July:
We took a day trip to Balatonfured. A real resort town on the northern shore:
Swans and water bicycles 🙂
This is a Cardiology Hospital.
One of the cute shops.
BB#2 seeing his first swans 🙂 See the swan family 🙂 The babies were grey.
BB#1 and his cousin and a swan.
Horse and Zebra riding.
BB#2 liked the zebra.
These were also taken by my friend P:
BB#2. You can see his black eye, from when he fell and hit his face on the chair 😦
Destination: Lake Balaton or the Hungarian Sea
Time: First week of July
Travelling: BB#1 and BB#2, Husband, My Brother, his little girl alias my niece, My Parents and myself.
Lake Balaton is a freshwater lake in HUNGARY. It is the largest lake in Central Europe and one of Hungary’s foremost tourist destinations.
The mountainous region of the northern shore is known both for its historic character and as a major wine region, while the flat southern shore is known for its resort towns
We usually visit the southern shore but this time our destination was Balatonalmadi, located on the northern shore.
In Hungary lots of companies own accomodations by the lake, and workers can book rooms at these accomodations for a cheaper price. We booked 3 rooms at the accomodation for the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. The accomodation consists of about 20 rooms, a lovely garden, a restaurant and another private beach located right on the lake, which can only be accessed by the people staying there. We got breakfast and lunch at the restaurant. The whole thing had a very friendly atmosphere and there were not many more guests there. Ofcourse it is not a 5 star hotel, for example there is no air conditioning and the furniture is pretty outdated but everything else was ok.The food was really good and plenty and most of the time even the kids ate it 🙂 For dinner we choose a different restaurant each night, so that was also fun.
Most days we just relaxed on the private beach, which was a really big green garden with sunbeds, chairs, ping pong table, playground and each room had its private locker that was big enough to go into it and change your clothes. The private beach was about a 3 minute walk from the accomodation so really close.
The private beach:
(Building a fort from sun beds and towels 🙂
A beach selfie 🙂 I am never good at selfies 🙂
One of the many desserts at the Academy restaurant. IT has apples in it. Yummy.
More to come in the next post.
The Blackberry Boys and I blowing out my birthday candle. BB#2 looks a little scared 🙂
1. Last week was finally better, than the weeks before….
2. On wednesday a guy came to pick up the tv (it is a 42 inch tv so I don’t think I could have lifted it…) to take it to have it repaired.
3. On friday I called them and they said, the lightning caused the problem, but they can fix it.
4. Also on friday another guy came from the insurance company. He said when the tv comes back, I have to take in the repair receipt and the insurance will cover the repair. They also awarded us some money for painting, because the roof leaked in the storm. The money is not much, but at least it is something.
5. On monday the tv was brought back, and good thing the insurance will cover it, becasue the repair fee was 25% of the tv’s original price! But at least we don’t have to buy a new one now.
6. On saturday we went to my really good friend’s wedding. I took BB#1 and my miece with us, and BB#2 was left at home with my parent.
7. The ceremony was really nice, although it was either super hot or when the church wedding was over another strom came and we got wet…. The weather is super crazy this summer. Really humid.
8. We took the kids home after the ceremony.
9. We went back to the wedding party just the 2 of us (Husband and I)! We stayed untill 4:30 am!
The food was really good, There was wine and cocktails and cake 🙂
My only problem was that husband is not the dancing kind, so I didn’t get to dance 😦
10. The wedding was in a village close to our city, but we got a hotel room there and spent the night there, so we wouldn’t have to drive home (there is a zero tolarance here in Hungary, so you cannot drink any alcohol if you are going to drive).
A mother's musings on family, faith, and fun!
Parenting isn't for the faint of heart.
from the big smoke to the big apple, with a baby. chasing bliss in a chaotic world
Artisan knitter rambling about her London life in general
This is your story.
What happens when a medical doctor becomes a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom
A great WordPress.com site
The best we can do, is learn as we go.
happiness, insanity, love, learning
Diary of a Preemie Dad
To my B & E. A story of our adventures. And now I am doing this as a single mum, probably how I get it wrong, but keep picking us up, dusting us off, and having another go.
Twins,life and their Mummy
The post NICU struggles of a former micro preemie documented lovingly by one of her biggest fans.... her mom.
The Trials and Triumphs of Travel With a Toddler
Appreciating life's precious moments through the magical madness of motherhood.
Vignettes from a multi-lingual, multi-cake-eating freelance existence
A peek into my messy life with 3 boys
Who needs a life when you've got kids?