The boys at my Dad’s 70th Birthday party 🙂
The boys at my Dad’s 70th Birthday party 🙂
I have been blogging for more than a year now and I have not written anything about our country’s wonderful capital Budapest.
A couple of weeks ago I took BB#1 on a trip to Budapest, just the 2 of us. A little one-on-one time 🙂
He has only been to Budapest a couple of times, and we always just went to IKEA, so it was high time to show him something else 🙂
We took the train to see Hungary’s countrside:
The train ride takes 2 hours and 22 minutes. It was interesting that since I was travelling with a child (who has to pay for the train above the age 6, but gets a 50% discount) I also got a 30% discount on my adult train ticket.
An friend of mine (who happens to be a guy) picked us up from the train station and took us to the ZOO. Right next to the zoo is the famous:
The Gundel restaurant has been one of the most famous restaurant in Hungary for more than a century. However only few people know, that Károly Gundel created wonderful desserts and cakes too, among others the Gundel crepes and the famous Gundel torte. This heritage is now being continued in the Gundel Patisserie.
So first we had some coffee and cakes:
They even make a coconut ball look exotic 🙂
I had some baked cheesecake 🙂
It was really nice to catch up with my friend, but he had to go to work so we entered the zoo.
The Budapest Zoo & Botanical Garden is the one of the oldest in the world.
It has 1072 animal species.
The zoo opened its doors on August 9, 1866. The park has 1–1.1 million visitors every year.
First we took this bus around the zoo, because it started raining.
You could pet kangaroos 🙂 We only looked at them 🙂
The butterfly house was very exciting 🙂
At the zoo even the plant pots have lions on them 🙂
BB#1 with the piranhas 🙂
I never knew a brown bear was this huge!
This is how big the heart of a Blue whale is!
And we ended the day at Starbucks 🙂
The zoo is huge! So we only saw like half of it, so we will have to go back 🙂
1. Saturday was BB#1’s first school field trip. The teachers were really brave because they took 24 first graders to Budapest by train. The train ride is 2 hours and 20 minutes! They went to a museum and the Budapest zoo. They had a blast!
2. Since I had to take BB#1 to the train station, I went to Budapest myself too. It was strange to ride on the same train but in a different wagon.
3.I visited my brother in Budapest. He has been working there since spring. He is renting a flat in the Buda Castle. He has anamazing view of the city. We had lunch at the Manna Lounge. It was really good. I had a 3 course lunch 🙂 Salmon 🙂
4. Then we had a nice stroll around the castle, walked across the Chain Bridge over the river Danube and had coffee at starbucks.
5. On Sunday I went to another “Baby sale”. This one was in a small village. I sold the same amount as last week, even though there were less people here. So I am proud of myself, because I finally made some money and got rid of some stuff.
6. On monday I went to the dermotologist again, with no luck, again. I am getting a little discouraged that this was my 3rd appointment that I went to, and they always had some reason why I couldn’t see the doctor.
7. Oh well, BB#2 and I had a nice stroll in the sun and even got some ice-cream.
8. Today I went to the beauty salon to get a waxing. I had no babysitter so I had to take BB#2 with me. I took alot of biscuits with me, so he stayed in his stroller munching on his biscuits 🙂
9. BB#1’S FALL BREAK from school starts on Thursday. It will last till november 2nd!
10. My Dad, alias Grandpa, my main babysitter, turns 70 years old on Saturday! Happy Birthday to the best Dad!
1. On Thursday I went to pick up my new glasses! I have had the same glasses for like 5 years! 😦 The new ones are a little different so when I tried them on everything became super colorful and super sharp, and made me dizzy 😦 They said I should get used to them. I hope they are right.
2. On Friday I spent the morning at the mall. It was the start of Glamour days. Glamour days are 3 days long and if you buy the magazine you get a bunch of coupons with it for a bunch of stores, mostly 20% off. So me and 3 girlfriends spent the morning at the mall shopping, it was great. I even found 2 long sleeve tops for myself. I also bought clothes and shoes fro BB#1 and clothes for husband.
3. The girls and I also had coffee before we left the mall.
4. Saturday was the day I went to sell our baby stuff at the “baby sale”, which is like a rummage sale. I was really excited, i was getting ready for days, washing, ironing, systemizing. There were not too many people 😦 I only sold a few thing like a few books, a few toys and a few baby clothes 😦 But at least i sold those, so I am not complaining. I will try to go to some more sales…
5. While I was at the sale, Grandpa took the boys to get a hair cut.
5. Sunday the weather was really nice, so we spent the afternoon at a friends house in their garden, where the kids could run around.
6. Monday I went to the dermatologist again, I had a new appointment, but again I was not successful the doctor had already left 😦 So I again got a new appointment for next week….
7. Monday afternoon BB#1 came home from school saying that his teachers were upset by his hair! It turns out they are not supposed to have hair gel on their hair. So I had to wash his hair to get it out 😦 I still think he looked super cute.
8. Today BB#1 had his first spelling test. We have been studying for it, but They still have not even learned one letter, so I don’t really get how they are supposed to spell, without knowing the letters…..
9. Saturday BB#1 will take his first field trip with school. They will take the train to the capital Budapest! I hope all will be all right.
10. The weather has been amazing, lots of sunshine and 27 Celsius today 🙂
Saturday morning. Bed heads 🙂
Saturday afternoon. After getting a hair cut 🙂
Brotherly love 🙂 Sorry the photo is not too sharp…
1. Fall is here. The leaves are turning red and yellow and falling of the trees. We colect chesnuts in the afternoons. Luckily the weather has been great, lots of sunshine, not so much rain 🙂
2. BB#2 grew his 8th tooth last week. It is his first molar. So he is drooling alot 😦 He has developed a rash around his mouth from all this drooling 😦
3. Speaking of teeth, BB#1 has still not lost any of his teeth, I guess we are slow in teeth growing and teeth loosing.
4. The birthday party season has started. We spent the last 2 saturday at birthday parties. Which means cake for me 🙂
5. The lasted words BB#2 learned: coffee and pasta (in hungarian kave es teszta).
6. BB#2 has been throwing tantrums. He then throws things. It is not always easy with him. As I type he is sitting in my lap 🙂
7. BB#1’s sppech therapy was rescheduled to today instead of the usual thursday. But then I realized there is no way we can get there by 3:45 pm from school, so I just cancelled and I practised with him in the afternoon.
8. This morning I finally got to go have coffee with the girls! NO KIDS! It was heaven. I had a coffee, a sandwich and a hot white chocolate (see photo above).
9. Saturday I will go to a “baby sale” and try to sell some of our baby stuff. Wish me luck. I cannot wait to get rid of stuff and make money.
10. Lately I have been addicted to the tv series PPL (Pretty little liars). I finally finished watching all 5 seasons. Now I have to ait months for new episodes 😦
A mother's musings on family, faith, and fun!
Parenting isn't for the faint of heart.
from the big smoke to the big apple, with a baby. chasing bliss in a chaotic world
Artisan knitter rambling about her London life in general
This is your story.
Living Life 3 Hours at a Time
What happens when a medical doctor becomes a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom
A great WordPress.com site
The best we can do, is learn as we go.
happiness, insanity, love, learning
Diary of a Preemie Dad
To my B & E. A story of our adventures. And now I am doing this as a single mum, probably how I get it wrong, but keep picking us up, dusting us off, and having another go.
Twins,life and their Mummy
Trying to keep my sanity one blog post at a time
A Family Lifestyle Blog
The post NICU struggles of a former micro preemie documented lovingly by one of her biggest fans.... her mom.
mum, worker, baker & cocktail shaker.
The Trials and Triumphs of Travel With a Toddler
Mum Of Three Boys
Tales of two little boys, travel, teacups & total chaos
An honest and real look at nonverbal, severe autism.
Appreciating life's precious moments through the magical madness of motherhood.
Vignettes from a multi-lingual, multi-cake-eating freelance existence
A peek into my messy life with 3 boys