BB#1 playing soccer.
BB#2 wrestling down his favorite: my brother’s girlfriend 🙂
1. I am still sick 😦 I am at day 10 now 😦
2. So I have surrendered and started myself on antibiotics. I hope this will do the trick.
3. Ofcourse I had no way of getting to my GP, so when I took BB#2 to his pediatrician, I asked her to look at me as well 🙂 What is a MOM to do….
4. Thursday was Carnival day at BB#1’s school. He dressed up as an indian. They had a disco for grades 1 to 4. Then they continued the paryt in their classroom for the whole day 🙂
5. I need to catch up on the OSCAR winner movies. I have only seen Gone Girl. Who has a favorite? any suggestions?
6. Today was BB#2’s pediatric cardiology appointment.
7. We had to wait 1 hour before we could go in 😦
8. Upon entering BB#2 would not allow us to take his jacket off. So he screamed his head off. And ofcourse they cannot do an EKG and an echocardiogramm with his jacket on 😦
9. The doctor said she cannot examine him he is is screaming like this 😦
10. So now We will have to go back to the hospital in a couple of weeks and stay there for a whole day, while they sedate him and examine him that way 😦 I am not happy about this 😦 I think she should have been more patient with him and maybe he would have calmed down, but she didn’t even try 😦 Ofcourse he does not like doctors he spent the first 2 months of his life in a hospital! She said this way we will see if he has something wrong with him or not, and if so they can do something about it. That doing something about it does not sound good to me, I really do not want surgery for him. He is still so little. But maybe doing something about it just means that it will need further monitoring. Whatever, we are back to waiting and seeing 😦
I know it is supposed to be what I ate wednesday, but I took pictures on thursday so…
A salty pastry and a coffee grande.
A ham and cheese croissant.
“Just Chocolate” cake and coffee grande.
Husband came home early so we went out to eat to Port Royal.
I had a Bistro Burger with fries.
and apple and caramel cream. Which was too much for me, I couldn’t eat all of eat 😦
I had way too much carbohydrates, I guess it has to do with the illness, I was craving get well food 🙂
I have been ill since sunday. It started with being tired, aching all over. Then a stuffy nose, sore throat. Then a runny nose and now the fun part: coughing.
When you are a Mom and you are ill it is no fun. No one takes care of you. At least my husband is not that kind. He is even afraid of me then and says stupid things like that he will catch whatever I have just by breathing in the same room 🙂 So no help from husband…I am ok with this part, not being taken care of. I can take care of myself. But taking care of 2 little ones while being ill is another story!
I have been wearing a surgeon mask all week to minimize the chance of BB#2 catching this lovely microorganism. It is kind of hard to take care of a 2 year old all week in a surgeon mask. For one he thinks it is funny and wants to take it off all the time 🙂 I try to minimize contact with him but how the hell are you supposed to do that when you are the one that changes his diaper, feeds him, dresses him etc…. I just really hope he stays healthy because he has his appointment at the pediatric cardiologist next tuesday, (the one we got 6 months ago… ) and he is super cranky at those even when he is healthy.
Then there is BB#1. Getting up early every day while sick, to get him ready for school, remembering every day what he is supposed to take with him, doing homework in the afternoons. Yesterday was carnival day, I had to make his indian head gear for him and take him in the morning get his costume on and then go back an hour later and see the carnival itself…. All while being sick…..
Back to the coughing: the part I hate the most. I cannot sleep because when I lay down I cough. I had 1 and a half hours of sleep last night…. But tonight I will get Dextromethorphan, (an over the counter cough medicine) and hopefully get some sleep!!!! Thank God for opiates 🙂 Have I mentioned I wrote my PhD on my research on opiates?
But first this Mommy has to pick up BB#1 at school and take him to speech therapy.
How do you cope being a Mom when ill?
This post is part of:
1. So ok, it looks like february won’t be my favorite month this year 😦
2. BB#2 has been super cranky since saturday.
3. He is not willing to eat or drink and even sometimes wakes up during the night. I think he is teething.
4. Today was our appointment with the pediatrician and she saw nothing wrong with him, besides his teeth coming…
5. I on the other hand am really sick 😦 Runny nose, sore throat, aching limbs, low fever 😦
6. Too bad Moms don’t get sick days, to rest 😦
7. On saturday I went to sell at the baby sale, but there were hardly any customers 😦
8. Sunday was husband’s birthday. He got socks (not too exciting), I also wrote 4 cities on paper and put them in a hat and he got to pick one. So I will be taking him to BARCELONA. Once I start making money again and I can afford it 😦 So I don’t know when that will be….
9. Yesterday I took BB#2 to the dermatologist, but they said he needs a pediatric dermatologist, so now I have to find one of those….
10. BB#1 is excited because thrursday will be carnival day at school. He will dress up as an indian. I still have to make his head gear. I already have feathers…..
1. It has been snowing for 3 days on and off 😦
2. I am soooooooo ready for spring and even more ready for summer 🙂
3. We did go outside with the boys yesterday for a little snow ball fight and we built a snowman, a rather small one 🙂
4. BB#1 is well again, but his illness did ruin all our plans for his second winter break.
5. The only thing we got accomplished last week was the boys getting their hair cut.
6. Today I went to the dentist. Who else hates to go to the dentist? I just hate the sounds of those dentist tools 😦 Yuck. And I only had my plaque removed…. I will have to go back again because I have a cavity 😦
7. Husband has his birthday on sunday. Anyone has any good gift ideas for a 38 year old male 🙂 ????
8. On sunday BB#1 and his Daddy went ice skating. Did I mention BB#1 was put in the advance group in ice skating at school just after like 3 classes??? Super proud Momma 🙂 While they were skating BB#2 and I went to a market that is held every once a month in an old factory building / grounds. We got some yummy sweets:
9. Red Velvet Cupcakes 🙂 Oh my they were so yummy 🙂
10. Cheesecake and a chocolate-plum cake 🙂
Apple pie with a caramel sauce.
A mother's musings on family, faith, and fun!
Parenting isn't for the faint of heart.
from the big smoke to the big apple, with a baby. chasing bliss in a chaotic world
Artisan knitter rambling about her London life in general
This is your story.
Living Life 3 Hours at a Time
What happens when a medical doctor becomes a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom
A great WordPress.com site
The best we can do, is learn as we go.
happiness, insanity, love, learning
Diary of a Preemie Dad
To my B & E. A story of our adventures. And now I am doing this as a single mum, probably how I get it wrong, but keep picking us up, dusting us off, and having another go.
Twins,life and their Mummy
Trying to keep my sanity one blog post at a time
A Family Lifestyle Blog
The post NICU struggles of a former micro preemie documented lovingly by one of her biggest fans.... her mom.
mum, worker, baker & cocktail shaker.
The Trials and Triumphs of Travel With a Toddler
Mum Of Three Boys
Tales of two little boys, travel, teacups & total chaos
An honest and real look at nonverbal, severe autism.
Appreciating life's precious moments through the magical madness of motherhood.
Vignettes from a multi-lingual, multi-cake-eating freelance existence
A peek into my messy life with 3 boys