I like BB#1’s smile on this picture 🙂
1. Wow it is already february. January flew by so fast!
2. BB#1 received his very first report card. There are thing to improve,like they wrote that his work speed is slow and during class he is passive. Ofcourse, he is a boy, he won’t be raising both his hands, even if he knows the answer. What was strange to me was so many Moms shared their kids report card on facebook. I am not ready to do such things.
3. On friday I went to another baby sale. It was in a part of the city I have never been to, I had to look on the map where it is. It was in a catholic parish with a beautiful church garden. It was an interesting place with friendly people, though the baby sale was not very sucessful. I did make enough money to buy BB#2 some new moccasins 🙂
4. This week is the second winter break at school for BB#1.
5. I had so many things planned, even going on a day trip out of town.
6. But ofcourse instead life happens and BB#1 started coughing then got a fever on sunday:(
7. So the winter break is spent inside and going to the doctors 😦 He finally did not have a fever today.
8. It is hard to keep the 2 boys separated in hopes of BB#2 not cathcing the illness 😦
9. Husband is working all the time, he worked over the weekend too, and today he couldn’t even come home, so I am tired from doing everything by myself 😦 Not a too cheerful TTT 😦
10. So I will end on a positive note: I had one of these lovelies over the weekend 🙂
So last week some of you voted for this series to continue, so here it is. This week I used my new camera so hopefully the pictures are of better quality.
I had a plum pie and an espresso with milk. I love having pie or cake for breakfast 🙂
Fruit soup with apples, sour cherries and black currant. Soup is very popular in Hungary, all year long. Most people will have soup for lunch. Pork stew with potatoes and pickles. Stew is also very popular here.
Crepes filled with apricot jelly and walnuts and covered in chocolate. I drank fruit tea (strawberry and orange).
Pork with garlic and rice with vegetables. I also had a slice of apple and some mandarin (not pictured).
Do you ever have cake or pie for breakfast?
During the winter break BB#1 and I had another great day in Budapest.
We visited my brother, who lives in the Castle district.
First we went to see the Fisherman’s Bastion, because BB#1 wanted to use his new binoculars, and there is a great view from there.
The Fisherman’s Bastion is a terrace in neo-Gothic and neo-Romanesque style situated on the Buda bank of the Danube, on the Castle hill in Budapest, around Matthias Church. It was designed and built between 1895 and 1902.
From the towers and the terrace there is a panoramic view of Pest.
Its seven towers represent the seven Hungarian tribes that settled in the Carpathian Basin in 896. (Wikipedia)
BB#1 and his binoculars 🙂
Then we went to have coffee and cake at the famous Ruszwurm Confectionary. It was founded in 1827.
BB#1 and my brother’s girlfriend enjoying tea and ginger 🙂
Their best cake is:
The Ruszwurm Cream Pastry
The classical Hungarian pastry, simply called “creamy”, is a cooked egg cream with vanilla mixed with the egg white after cooking. However, the Ruszwurm cream pastry is not mellowed with the egg white but with whipped cream, of course when cold.
Then we had some quite time in my brother’s flat.
Then we walked to have lunch in Pest:
We had lunch at an italian restaurant Pomo D’oro.
We ate a Mediterranean grilled meat platter for 2 persons (Tenderloin roll wrapped in bacon, marinated legs of pullet, lamb skewer, salsiccia – Italian home-made sausage, bony veal chop), pizza and salad.
After a big lunch we had to walk some more to burn calories and we found this:
an ice skating rink in front of St. Stephen Basilica 🙂
Do you like italian food?
1. Last Thursday night BB#2 woke up at 4 am. I was totally useless that day. I am so thankful he usually sleeps through the night. I would be dead otherwise…
2. This weekend we finally went on a trip to our annual sausage making weekend.
3. It was a little stressful for me. BB#2 wouldn’t eat in the new environment and there were too many people there.
4. But the relative’s house is amazing. They live in a little village and it is soooooooooo quite. I could hear the birds and when we went on big walk we saw like 4 cars all together.
5. Today I went for a walk with BB#2. I checked the weather it was 0 Celsius. I thought ok.
6. Then we stepped outside and it started snowing 😦 We went anyway, since it took so long to get dressed.
7. We met with a friend for coffee. We also went to the Bank and the Insurance company.
8. Tonight there was a parent-teacher meeting at BB#1’s school. It was “short” this time, only 1 and a half hours long.
9. This week one of my favorite tv series will come to an end 😦 Thursday is the last episode for Parenthood 😦 I am so sad, I will be crying during the last episode.
Does anyone else watch it?
10. I found a cake today. it is called “Just Chocolate”. It is seriously good :
BB#2 listening to Depeche Mode.
BB#1 ice-skating. Not the best photo but husband was ice skating as well, so it is hard to take a picture that way.
I saw this on Anna Saccone’s blog
and I have always enjoyed reading what other people are eating, especially in other countries.
So I am trying it out.
I had cranberry-raspberry oatmeal, made with milk and a barista espresso which is pretty strong so I added some milk.
Lentil sauce with pork. Here in Hungary vegetable sauces are very popular. Pork is also popular. I on the other hand don’t eat much pork, I prefer poultry or sometimes fish.
Espresso Macchiato with milk and a wafer.
I had a roll with some cheese and baby plum tomatoes and an Actimel, which is a delicious yogurt drink, containing 10 billion exclusive L. casei cultures, Calcium and Vitamins B6 and D in every bottle.
So please comment, did you enjoy this post or was it boring? If you enjoyed it, I will do it other times too 🙂 I will try to take better food pictures. My lunch does not look so good in a photo but it was tasty 🙂
1. I have 10 thoughts, but not on tuesday but on Thursday 🙂
2. I have been overwhelmed with the Blackberry boys lately. I guess winter doesn’t help either. It gets dark soon, and it is either really cold, or wet and muddy and we cannot go outside, so it is not very easy with 2 energetic boys inside, so sometimes I feel like I am going crazy 😦
3. On friday BB#1 was invited to a birthday party. They have been friends since daycare, so since they were 2 🙂 They don’t see each other very much, but when they do they are always so happy 🙂
4. I spent the saturday and sunday at 2 different baby rummage sales. The first one was a small one, that one was free for sellers and buyers too, and the sunday one was a hige one, where you had to pay to sell and also there was an entrance fee for buyers:
This photo is just an illustration, but this is what it looked like.
I actually made the same amount of money at both sales, but I liked the smaller one better. The money is not much, but I at least got rid of some of our baby stuff.
5. I have been trying to be more social lately, get out more, so on monday and tuesday BB#2 and I went to visit some friends.
6. One of my friends is pregnant with her first baby and she is finally not working just getting ready for the baby’s arrival, so BB#2 and I have been visiting her once a week. I have given her a bunch of stuff and I am trying to help her get ready. It is funny when sometimes her eyes get big when I tell her some stuff 🙂
7. Poor BB#2 got his chicken pox vaccine on tuesday. It was his second, so at least he doesn’t need any more of this one.
8. Mother-in-law came for a visit yesterday. She was here for an hour, but it was enough time to get on my nerves 😦 She keeps saying that BB#1 must have a food allergy and that is why he is skinny. He does not have stomach aches, he has no rash, he does not have constipation or diarrhoea, he is just plain picky. Until she goes to medical school and completes an internal medicine residency and becomes a gastroenterologist, she should not be making any diagnosis!
9. This weekend we are finally going on a little trip. We will attend our annual sausage making weekend. Cannot wait to get out of town and our apartment and see our relatives 🙂 The sausage part does not interest me that much, I am not a big fan of sausage, but the men love it…
10. So I should start packing for our trip. I hate packing 😦