1. I could call it Thank God it is Friday, but when you are a stay at home Mom, all days are the same….
2. Last weekend as a 3 day weekend, becasue of May 1st.
3. We had some fun, ate cotton candy, went out for lunch, and went on some rides (mini roller coaster)
4. Sunday was Mother’s Day here, we went to visit some family in a different city and to put some flowers on my Grandma’s grave. On the way there we stopped at my favorite bakery (in the whole country). I had coffee, baked cheesecake and ice cream 🙂
4. BB#1 came down with a fever sunday night.
5. So during the first part of the week he was at home with us, he went back to school on Thursday.
6. BB#2 finally started playing with Lego Duplos, so I went out to buy him 2 new boxes 🙂
One of them has ducks in it. I am probably as excited to play with them as he is. HA-HA.
7. The best news of the week is: BB#2 was accepted to the pre-school we were hoping for. Hurray!
8. Now we have to start potty training soon, becasue he can only start once he is potty trained.
9. Finally the weather is better, but again we went from winter to summer, it was 30 Celsius this week.
10. Saturday I will go to another baby rummage sale. Wish me luck.
1. It has been snowing for 3 days on and off 😦
2. I am soooooooo ready for spring and even more ready for summer 🙂
3. We did go outside with the boys yesterday for a little snow ball fight and we built a snowman, a rather small one 🙂
4. BB#1 is well again, but his illness did ruin all our plans for his second winter break.
5. The only thing we got accomplished last week was the boys getting their hair cut.
6. Today I went to the dentist. Who else hates to go to the dentist? I just hate the sounds of those dentist tools 😦 Yuck. And I only had my plaque removed…. I will have to go back again because I have a cavity 😦
7. Husband has his birthday on sunday. Anyone has any good gift ideas for a 38 year old male 🙂 ????
8. On sunday BB#1 and his Daddy went ice skating. Did I mention BB#1 was put in the advance group in ice skating at school just after like 3 classes??? Super proud Momma 🙂 While they were skating BB#2 and I went to a market that is held every once a month in an old factory building / grounds. We got some yummy sweets:
9. Red Velvet Cupcakes 🙂 Oh my they were so yummy 🙂
10. Cheesecake and a chocolate-plum cake 🙂
Apple pie with a caramel sauce.
1. Wow it is already february. January flew by so fast!
2. BB#1 received his very first report card. There are thing to improve,like they wrote that his work speed is slow and during class he is passive. Ofcourse, he is a boy, he won’t be raising both his hands, even if he knows the answer. What was strange to me was so many Moms shared their kids report card on facebook. I am not ready to do such things.
3. On friday I went to another baby sale. It was in a part of the city I have never been to, I had to look on the map where it is. It was in a catholic parish with a beautiful church garden. It was an interesting place with friendly people, though the baby sale was not very sucessful. I did make enough money to buy BB#2 some new moccasins 🙂
4. This week is the second winter break at school for BB#1.
5. I had so many things planned, even going on a day trip out of town.
6. But ofcourse instead life happens and BB#1 started coughing then got a fever on sunday:(
7. So the winter break is spent inside and going to the doctors 😦 He finally did not have a fever today.
8. It is hard to keep the 2 boys separated in hopes of BB#2 not cathcing the illness 😦
9. Husband is working all the time, he worked over the weekend too, and today he couldn’t even come home, so I am tired from doing everything by myself 😦 Not a too cheerful TTT 😦
10. So I will end on a positive note: I had one of these lovelies over the weekend 🙂
1. Last Thursday night BB#2 woke up at 4 am. I was totally useless that day. I am so thankful he usually sleeps through the night. I would be dead otherwise…
2. This weekend we finally went on a trip to our annual sausage making weekend.
3. It was a little stressful for me. BB#2 wouldn’t eat in the new environment and there were too many people there.
4. But the relative’s house is amazing. They live in a little village and it is soooooooooo quite. I could hear the birds and when we went on big walk we saw like 4 cars all together.
5. Today I went for a walk with BB#2. I checked the weather it was 0 Celsius. I thought ok.
6. Then we stepped outside and it started snowing 😦 We went anyway, since it took so long to get dressed.
7. We met with a friend for coffee. We also went to the Bank and the Insurance company.
8. Tonight there was a parent-teacher meeting at BB#1’s school. It was “short” this time, only 1 and a half hours long.
9. This week one of my favorite tv series will come to an end 😦 Thursday is the last episode for Parenthood 😦 I am so sad, I will be crying during the last episode.
Does anyone else watch it?
10. I found a cake today. it is called “Just Chocolate”. It is seriously good :
On tuesday, november 25th, BB#2 turned 2!
This year his birthday was more enjoyable for him and for me too. Last year he was too small to understand this whole birthday business and I was still very emotional from the memories of his early arrival and everything that came with that. This year I could mostly focus on the celebration of his birthday without the bad memories, I tried to keep busy that day so most of the flash backs did not happen.
BB#2 got a dog cake this year. He really likes dogs, so that is why he had a dog themed birthday.
He recognized the dog on the cake and said: vau-vau 🙂
He tried to blow out his candle:
and he ate 2 pieces of cake. Marzipan covered, chocolate-banana cake 🙂
He liked his presents: a fisher price remote control and a Lego duplo first garden:
I cannot believe my 1560 g (3.4 lbs), 40 cm (15.7 inch) preemie baby
Grew into a 11 kg 190g (24.6 lbs) toddler who is 85 cm (33.4 inch) tall 🙂
I wish someone would have shown me back then a photo of him today 🙂
Today Blackberry #1 turns 7!
He got his wish: Legos and Transformers 🙂
This years cake:
A MINION CAKE 🙂 Chocolate-banana flavour.
BB#1 happy with his gift 🙂
Blowing out the candle.
And I can’t believe he used to be this small.
Happy Birthday my Baby!
You can read about some of his previous cakes here:
This weeks pictures are from the day we went to taste the cake of the year, the Somloi revolucio (Somloi revolution).
It is a modern spin on the traditional somlói parfait, this cake dons a nut brittle sponge layer with a subtle orange drizzle, topped with dark and white chocolate mousse and a ganache.
To me the cake tasted like if I were eating an orange jelly filled parlour candy at Christmas 🙂
BB#1 happy with his MIGNON 🙂
BB#2 with his vanilla pastry.