1. It is finally december. I love Christmas season.
2. I went Christmas shopping about 2 weeks ago, and the card reader wouldn’t take my card at the cashier, so they told me to take out some cash, so I went to the bankomat and it was a different bank’s bankomat, but it is not supposed to matter, but I still had a bad feeling when I inserted my card. And for sure (somehow I always feel when something bad will happen) the stupid bankomat swallowed my card 😦 There I was with a cart full of stuff at the cashier, with no cash and now no card, and a 2 year old rolling around on the ground. I called my friend C. to come to the store and bring me some cash and I could at least pay for the stuff I bought.
3. I called the first bank they said since I don’t belong there they won’t do anything, so I called my own bank, had to cancel my card and had to order a new one. So my Chrsitmas shopping has been on hold, with no money, but finally my card has arrived so at least this has been solved.
4. Last week BB#1 ‘s class had a christmas DIY crafts afternoon at the school. It was really fun. We made wrapping paper, Christmas ornaments, Christmas Cards. I made the following Chrsitmas card featured on Danielle‘s blog last year:
This is what it was supposed to looked like. I made 2, one with a red ribbon and one with a gold ribbon.
5. All the crafts made by the kids and the parents will be sold at the Christmas fair this saturday at the school. I volunteered to help sell them. All the money will go to the school. I hope I will be able to do some shopping also 🙂 Maybe some nice ornaments.
6. December 6th is St. Nicholas’ Day here in Hungary.
You can read abou the tradition in this blog post:
So on Saturday we went to go see Santa. They both got a package full of candy. So BB#2’s new word of the day was ofcourse: chocolate (csoki in hungarian).
7. The weather has been dark and rainy so we have not been to the Christmas market in the city. I hope the sky will clear up by the weekend and we can go.
8. Tomorrow BB#1 will have swimming during his P.E. class, and the parents can go and watch. So I might go and see how he is doing.
9. One of our dear friend, in Warsaw, Poland passed away. He was a great researcher and a really nice person. His funeral is today. Rest in Peace Professor Andrzej, you will be greatly missed 😦
10. I don’t have a 10th thought today, strange.