1. Last Wednesday we had an appointment for BB#2 at a pediatric cardiology private practice.
2. He was upset at first, but this time the office and the doctor were more relaxing, there were stuffed animals and the doctor tried to calm him down, and referred to his heart beat, as a “frog” so she tried to amke it interesting for him.
3. So finally he calmed down enough and she could do an echocardiogram and an electrocardiogram! Hurray! This means I don’t have to be admiteed to the hospital for a day for them to sedate BB#2 to do these tests.
4. And for the results. I couldn’t even imagine this good results. He had a PDA :Failure of a child’s DA (ductus arteriosus) to close after birth. So now it looks like for sure his DA has closed all by it self! Hurray!
The last doctor also said he might have a Sinus venosus atrial septal defect, which is a deficiency of the atrial septum. But during this echocardiogram this Cardiologist said his atrial septum is intact, so ALL GOOD! I was soooooo glad to hear this.
He still has a heart murmur and his Foramen Ovale ( It is one of the fetal cardiac shunts),is still open, but ther eis no blood flowing through it…. But she said this can still close by itself and it is not anything to worry about!
5. We have to take him back for controll in 2 years!!! 2 years without a cardiologist. Hurray!
6. So these results were the best easter present for me 🙂
7. BB#1 had a 6 day spring break. But nothing went according to plans 😦
8. We wanted to make a day trip to Budapest but that didn’t happen.
9. BB#1 came down with a fever on saturday and by the time he recovered all his friends became ill, so we could do any of the play dates we planned.
10. For these and other reasons (Daddy Blackberry worked the whole weekend, and the weather was crappy, strong winds and cold) Easter was not so perfect this year, but the kids still enjoyed the egg hunt and all the chocolate. And to end on a good note the Magnolia Trees are in full bloom in our city, so taking a walk is really enjoyable this time of the year 🙂